Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 16, 2014

It's already Saturday. Wow. This week has been amazing, not just physically but spiritually and mentally. I find myself feeling joy, not just happiness. We aren't always doing things, sometimes the heat gets to us and we all just rest in the quad and either take a nap or have a conversation. I've gotten to know my group a lot better since we've been here, and everyone here fills me with joy. We're all here because God wanted us here whether we believe it or not. Today we painted Matant's house(she's the matriarch of Espwa, a sweet old woman who attends every mass, and all the boys adore her). It's bright pink now, and she loves it. We took a walk to the end of the Espwa property, which was incredibly beautiful as well. We saw all sorts of animals, even a piglet that had escaped. Now we're heading to yet another lacrosse game...they can't get enough. OH, and I taught some Haitian boys the wobble today...they LOVED it! Loving every minute here, and I can't wait for the beach tomorrow! 
Peace and blessings - Tay 

1 comment: